Bachali kura--4 cups of leaves(wash&cut)
Tomatoes -2 small
Onion - small
Green chillies -8
Toor dal/kandi pappu - 1cup
Tamarind -lemon size
Red chillies -2
Garlic cloves -4 crushed
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Curry leaves -8
Cumin & mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients and add 3 cups of water. Cook it for 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin , mustard ,red chillies, crushed garlic cook it for 1 min.
- Add turmeric and curry leaves fry it for 1 more min.
- Add this popu mix to pressure cooked dal and cook it on medium flame for 5 mins. Keep stirring otherwise bottom of the pan will get burn.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice,Dosa or Chapati.